Airplay audio dropouts with rMB?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Dayv, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Dayv macrumors 6502

I've had my retina Macbook (1.2/512) for about a week now, and I've noticed multiple audio dropouts when streaming iTunes music to my Airplay speaker. I haven't noticed any other wi-fi performance issues, and connectivity seems to be fine even during an audio dropout. Other devices on the network are not showing dropouts.

I'm using an older (second gen?) 802.11n Time Capsule and have seen dropouts when my Macbook is connected to both the 2.4 and 5GHz channels.

Has anyone else seen issues like this?

2. Dayv thread starter macrumors 6502

Update: I think I'm actually seeing wi-fi issues, not something exclusive to Airplay. Noticed slow page loads at the same time as audio dropouts. Time to troubleshoot the wireless network at home and make sure it's not just this laptop.

3. thewusman macrumors regular

You're not alone.

Have had 2 x new retina MacBooks (1.1) and both have the same audio stutter problems on any airplay streaming device (ATV2, Media centre running KODI/XBMC).

I have a Asus N66U dark night router, 2.4 and 5 bands make no difference.

Tried many fixes - no solutions.

Really annoying. I hope El Capitan fixes this. I'm sure it's related to the discovery services because there is lots going on in the console when you stream via airplay.