AirPlay Between iPhone and iPad?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kevhui, Nov 2, 2010.

1. kevhui macrumors regular

Hi,

I want to stream by iPad's songs to my iPhone 4, which is connected to a Bose SoundDock. Is it possible?

Doing so my iPad is like the Remot app to control the songs played via the Bose.

Also, can I just stream the audio track of a movie to iPhone (hence the Bose). If this can be done, I can watch movie on iPad but with better sound (via iPhone / Bose).

Thanks.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

What will work:

iPhone -> New Apple TV/AirPlay enabled device*
    iPod touch -> New Apple TV/AirPlay enabled device*
    iPad -> New Apple TV/AirPlay enabled device*

What will not work:

iPad -> iPhone
    iPad -> iPod touch
    iPhone -> iPad
    iPhone -> iPod touch
    iPod touch -> iPad
    iPod touch -> iPhone

*AirPlay Enabled Device: Home Theatre System, Airport Express, Sound Dock

3. kevhui thread starter macrumors regular

4. fraggot macrumors 6502

Does iTunes count as that?

Like, say you're at a friends house and you have a song to play that they don't have on their computer. Can you use iTunes/PC as an AirPlay enabled device and stream it that way?

5. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

No. You can't stream from an iDevice to iTunes on a computer, at least not yet.

6. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

Simply put, it just works across iOS devices and the Apple TV.

7. pressx2select macrumors newbie

8. Imbobby74 macrumors newbie

Wow i am surprised, i thought I would get on here and see some useful info. I am not that tech savy and it was very easy for me to find the Tango remote app which i have on my iphone and my ipad. It allows me to hook my ipad up to my stereo, and play songs from my iphone on my stereo thru my ipad. I have full access to all my playlist, and I can control the volume as well. When you start up the app it ask which device you want to use as the player and which as the reciever.

I endeded up on this forum to see what u guys came up with for streaming video from a iphone to a ipad, but if you are telling people they can't even do that with audio I think I will have to check elsewhere. Think I seen a app for the video streaming, but I wanted some feed back before I paid for it.

9. Apple* macrumors newbie

You can't natively stream from iOS device to iOS device but you can download Air Speakers and then stream between devices. Since Air Speakers supports background tasking, it will continue to stream even if you want to do something else. The app is free but the in-app upgrade is 2.99

10. freemannnn macrumors member

I was ready to order an airport express to stream music from my iphone to airport express->amplifier.
    Tried tango with my second iphone and rules!
    Thanx man. Saved 99€