Airplay Button? Easier way to enable?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jctivo, Dec 20, 2013.

1. jctivo macrumors member

I like to play music and stream it using airplay from my iphone 5s or ipad 3 to my apple tv.

In IOS6, there used to be a button in the apple official music app to enable airplay.

My workflow, is that I find a song I want and hit play and then usually press the airplay button.

Now you have to go to the notification center to find the airplay enable button.

Also, in IOS6, you could double click the home button and scroll the opposite way past your home screen to get to the music controls which included airplay option.

Is there any easier way to get to airplay in IOS7?

Thanks in advance,
    jctivo

2. bransoj macrumors 6502a

Slide up Control Center dont you which is the same, possibly simpler, than double pressing the home button and swiping as you used to.

3. jctivo thread starter macrumors member

Sliding up Control Center :(

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I'm not sure on which device, maybe the ipad, sliding up the control center doesn't always engage the control center. I can be sliding up for minutes and it doesn't come up.

Like automatic faucets in sinks in public places, they don't always work.

I just wish there was another way (or really the airplay button back in music).

Maybe there is another app that has it that way (3rd party).

4. bransoj macrumors 6502a

Ok....must say i've never had an issue activating the control center on either my iPhone 5 or iPad 3.

5. Skika macrumors 68030

Check your control centers settings.

6. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

How does it decide whether you want to invoke airplay mirroring or simply airplay audio? If music is playing or not?

7. jctivo thread starter macrumors member

Listen from macpaw

Just read an imore article about listen app for free from macpaw.

I will try that.

Computers and electronics hate me.

I'm a computer programmer and sometimes excel doesn't even work for copy and paste if I don't have excel open first.

oh well.

thanks anyway.
    jctivo