AirPlay enabled apps

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by playitloud, Oct 12, 2011.

1. playitloud, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

playitloud macrumors newbie

There should be a list of which apps take advantage of the appleTV ios5 mirroring. (I don't mean the native mirroring, either) I will try updating the list often.
    So far here is the list:

• Real Racing 2
    • Cro-Mag Ralley
    • Pinball HD
    • IMDB
    • Netflix (but it looks worse than the native appleTV app)

Wishlist:

• HBOGO
    • MaxGO
    • Infinity Blade

2. bigroot macrumors newbie

3. Mimoawi macrumors member

IMDb just updated. Now you can watch movies on the tv while you still can surf the imdb app on the iPad .

4. whooleytoo, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

What are the differences between 'in app' mirroring and the iOS mirroring?

I tried some games with the mirroring, and while many ran ok, I tried Death Rally and it ran a little sluggishly. It doesn't look great having the iOS aspect ratio on a widescreen TV either.

Edit - I should add, I tried turning on mirroring, and launched Anomaly Warzone Earth HD; and it froze the iPad after the splashscreens. Bit of a shock, think that's the first freeze I've had on the iPad.

5. TuiSong macrumors regular

does the mirroring require ATV to use it? or will it work if you have a hdmi adapter. I have the apple tv and we were playing about with various apps etc on the screen. I found the connection wasn't great for music. We were playing scrabble and using pass and play mode. So the iPad was being handed around a lot and frequently lost connection if someone sat it on their lap or it was passed too quickly. I think I prefer having the physical cable for some things, but wondered if it would split out the graphics the same way

6. playitloud thread starter macrumors newbie

I have not used it with an hdmi cable. On the ATV mirroring it was a little sluggish when I was taxing my network with other downloads, but once that was done it was fine.

----------

In app mirroring raises the resolution and expands the screen.

7. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Ah, thanks! That's good to hear, I was a bit disappointed with the size/resolution of the default mirroring.

p.s. I just noticed, I called my AppleTV the same name as your username here! ;)

8. Muzzakus macrumors regular

The default camera doesnt have 720p mirroring. Is there a full screen camera app?