Airplay - Enterprise Security

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ViPhone, Nov 29, 2010.

1. ViPhone macrumors 6502

I go to a University where we use an enterprise security system on our wifi. When I went to hook up my AppleTV2 to the network, Apple informed me that they did not offer support for such a network for the AppleTV2. Is there any way around this? I want to be able to use airplay so plugging in an ethernet cord is essentially useless to me, though we do have a port in my dorm room. Possibly I could use the port, plug in a router, and create my own mini-network? Any ideas?

2. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

i have an airport express in my room. made my own mini network. works great! i dont know what kind of security my college has. i do know we have to sign in not that that helps. however i plugged my airport express into the ethernet jack in the wall and now i only have to sign in every couple weeks for some reason. its still going through the schools servers but im on with my own wireless. if u have an extra router give it a shot. it sounds like it should work.

3. ViPhone thread starter macrumors 6502

Was it difficult to set up the Airport Express seeing as you have to sign in (as I do)?