AirPlay from apps that don't offer it.

Hookemfins

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
I wanted to air play the MLB game on TBS from either the TBS app or DirecTV app but there was no option to air play using my iPad.

Is there away to air play when no option to is available? ATV 3.

sodapop1

Suspended
Sep 7, 2014
Not sure I understand the need to do this. You seem to have DirecTV. Is it because you do not have a DirecTV receiver for the TV in question?

Anyways, given how restrictive MLB is over their content, I doubt there is a work around but have you tried using AirPlay Mirroring instead?

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
Well if you were using an ipad or iphone that was JB, then you would have a few options including flex. There are way to enable the airplay to atv via JB

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
I wanted to air play the MLB game on TBS from either the TBS app or DirecTV app but there was no option to air play using my iPad.

Is there away to air play when no option to is available? ATV 3.
You can always try mirroring, but the app owner can block Airplay and Airplay mirroring for their content...

Hookemfins

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Not sure I understand the need to do this. You seem to have DirecTV. Is it because you do not have a DirecTV receiver for the TV in question?

Anyways, given how restrictive MLB is over their content, I doubt there is a work around but have you tried using AirPlay Mirroring instead?
I needed to reboot my DVR and wanted to continue to watch the game.

How do you mirror instead of air play?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.