AirPlay from iOS or macOS and volume

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by FurbyUK, Aug 8, 2016.

1. FurbyUK Suspended

For some reason, if I airplay any video in the videos app from iOS (purchased on iTunes or imported) the volume is low, is only been in the last update this occurred. I normally only have the telly on level 10, but now I have to have it up to 50, then remember to drop it when I watch something else.

Any suggestions? Ideas?

2. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

I've run into the same thing and while not ideal, I've found that disconnecting and reconnecting AirPlay fixes it, until it acts up again.

3. FurbyUK thread starter Suspended

I tired that and nada. Tried powering off and on too. Not sure if it was an Apple TV update or iOS,macOS update as don't airplay that often, usually just stream via home sharing.

Also, streaming the exact same file via home sharing, the volume is normal.

4. seanrt macrumors member

seanrt

I just recently started watching iTunes purchases this way. I haven't yet experienced that issue, but wanted your thoughts. I use the iOS video app because it seems like the best way of looking at the library rather than the AppleTV & Home Sharing menus. Do you guys find that also, what's your preference?

5. FurbyUK thread starter Suspended

The issue only seems to occur when airplaying. Since I normally use home sharing, I only airplay if I can't be bothered to wait for conversion or if my mac is not on and I'm streaming from my iPad.

I prefer using home sharing as it means the iPad can easily still be used separately.

6. priitv8 macrumors 68020

For me, the (older) iTunes Remote app blends these 2 usecases (browsing iTunes library on iPhone and HomeSharing it directly to aTV leaving iPhone free for other tasks) perfectly.