Airplay: From rMBP to Apple TV

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sap12690, Mar 21, 2013.

1. sap12690 macrumors 6502

I was trying to airplay from my retina macbook pro to my Apple TV and it worked amazingly... my only problem is it did not do sound. Is it supposed to work with sound? I was trying to watch a Hulu show thats only available to watch on the computer and not Apple TV. The video came up fine on the Apple TV but the sound was only coming out of the macbook and not through the TV :(

2. Asuriyan macrumors 6502a

Go to System Preferences -> Sound -> Output. ATV should be a selectable option.

3. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

Try holding down the Option key and left-clicking the volume icon on your menu bar. Then select Apple TV as your output source.

EDIT: Oops, slow to the draw. You can still hold down the Option key and click on the volume icon though, it's a shortcut

4. BigMacAttack1 macrumors regular

BigMacAttack1

If those suggestions don't work, try updating the ATV software and restarting your computer. I had the same issue last night and that worked for me. Good luck!

5. trombo22 macrumors member

The option-click the sound icon is to select which speakers, if that does not work restart computer. I use this often and this random happens to me as well, I haven't been able to pinpoint what causes it to not allow me to select apple tv for audio.