Airplay ICON continuously keeps disappearing!!!

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by RedTokyoMac, Sep 30, 2012.

1. RedTokyoMac macrumors newbie

My TECH:

ATV3
    iPad 3
    iPhone 5
    Internal Airport Internet Sharing
    iMac 11,3

Hi guys,

I'm getting extremely frustrated with how my ATV3's Airplay function is up and down for working. This has happened before and after the i0S6 updates...

Basically, I can never get the Airplay icons to show up on my devices. I have to restart my computer, the ATV, my devices and sooner or later one of them will work.

I have two Itunes account (US/JP) I don't think that should be a problem. Is there something in the Internet Sharing Options I'm not doing right?

Any help soon would be greatly appreciated as I use the AirPlay for demonstration and NOTHING is working.

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

3. techno99 macrumors newbie

My IPod touch always has the AirPlay icon. My IPad 2 never has the AirPlay icon unless I reboot it.

4. taylord22 macrumors regular

Do you have a guestnetwork set-up? Make sure you're connected to the same network across your devices.

5. SamuelDouglas macrumors newbie

What if the problem still continues after rebooting? Is there any definite solution to this problem?

6. waw74 macrumors 68030

although there can be many causes for this, a common one is the main router being overwhelmed. airplay causes a lot of traffic on the network, and due to the nature of that traffic, tends to bog down older routers.

see if there is a firmware update available for your router. it might help

7. techno99 macrumors newbie

In my case, I lose the airplay icon as soon as the Apple tv goes to sleep and the only way to get it back is to reboot the IPad. I doubt it has anything to do with the router. It clearly appears to be a bug in the IPad software. As I previously stated, my IPod touch doesn't have this issue.

8. tibere86 macrumors member

I had a similar issue. What solved it for me was hardwiring my AppleTV to my router rather than using WiFi. My airplay icon has yet to disappear. Give it a shot.

9. techno99 macrumors newbie

That didn't work for me. However I switched to an older G router and the problem disappeared.