airplay icon not showing up

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jack24jack24, Oct 28, 2013.

1. jack24jack24 macrumors newbie

I have a mid 2011 macbook pro running mavericks (upgraded last night)

I seem to notice that the apple tv's airplay icon is not showing up even after a long wait upon power up.

This used to happen all the time, ever since I bought the apple tv a few months ago.

The problem used to go away on it's own sometimes and once in a while I had to switch the ATV ON and OFF and wait for a couple of minutes and the airplay icon used to show up.

I have the ATV and MBP updated with latest software.Why does this happen ?
    How do I get this sorted ?

Additional Info:
    Broadband has no problem. Very fast N router.Checked and ruled out interference with other channels on 2.4GHz.

2. an-other macrumors regular

Same network?

I run into this problem from time to time. My issue is always resolved when i check the networks. Invariably either the source Apple machine or the Apple TV are connected to different networks.

This happened yesterday! My upgrading to mavericks caused a connection to my guest network (and my appletv remained on my hidden one.)

3. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

What model router and what firmware version? I have a Netgear router that I had this trouble with. Turns out a firmware update was causing an issue, reverted to the next version back and it was good. That newer firmware has since been pulled from the page.