airplay in Catalina music app

Discussion in 'macOS Catalina (10.15)' started by jlgg, Jul 1, 2019.

1. jlgg macrumors newbie

So I installed the Catalina public beta on an external hard drive. There are numerous problems with the new music application, many of which have been reported here. One issue I am having that I have not seen discussed is airplay. I normally use airplay to connect to my airport express or my apple TV. In Catalina, I can connect and play the first track I select with no issues. The problem occurs when trying to change to another track. I can highlight the new track, double click on it, use the arrow keys etc., but no matter what I try, the old track continues to play. This problem doesn't occur for me in Mojave. I have filed a report, but I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this, or is it just me?
    Thanks

2. ladodger5 macrumors newbie

ladodger5

Same thing for me as well when I airplay to an airport express from the music app. I go to an album play track 1 and it plays fine but when I go to play track 2 it still continues to play track 1. I try to play track 3 and it plays track 2.

3. jlgg thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks ladodger5. Good to know it's not just me.

4. haralds macrumors 6502a

haralds

I see sporadic disconnects on beta 5 after which all AirPlay is routed back to the current sound output.

5. mikzn macrumors 65816

mikzn

Seems to work fine for me - FWIW - am using Music version - Music 1.0.0.341 - Catalina build 19A526h