Apple TV Airplay issue.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by FriednTested, Jun 9, 2015.

1. FriednTested macrumors 6502

Hi people,

I have been encountering a slight issue with airplay. In my bedroom I have the Apple TV connected to me sound system via the optical audio cable (No Television set connected). What I normally do is stream music to the Apple TV then put the phone on silent and play games on my phone. Since ios 8 (I think) everytime I start up a game the music stops and I have failed to find a resolution. All help is appreciated. :)

2. FriednTested thread starter macrumors 6502

3. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

I am running iOS 8.4 Beta 4 on a iPhone 5s. I played music on the App and used Airplay and sent the music to my Apple TV (3rd gen running the latest software). I then played a game (Crossy Road) and the music continued to play and I could also hear the game sounds on my Airplay Speaker. I then set the iPhone to silent and the music continued to play (without the game sounds). I am connected via HDMI and not optical.

Does this always happen? Are you sure the Apple TV hasn't gone into sleep mode (turned itself off after being idle?) Try turning the Apple TV on with the remote and make sure the power light is on and then maybe try it?

I found these suggestions after doing a Google search (its for a gen 2 Apple TV but there might be an answer on that page...

https://apple.stackexchange.com/que...sion-2-send-output-to-only-the-optical-output

4. FriednTested thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks mate. Mine is a second gen Apple TV. I think. I'll try the suggestions on that link.

And no it doesn't get into sleep mode. As it happens. I switch on the systems, then put a song to play and immediately start playing a game. And the music pauses immediately.