Airplay issues

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by mac00l, Sep 22, 2012.

1. mac00l macrumors 6502

I've realized that after upgrading to iOS 6, my music app has been acting weird under airplay.

When I turn on my car, the phone connects trough airplay and automatically starts playing my music where it left. That's the standard behavior, and that's the way it used to work under iOS5.

Under iOS6 when I get off my car for a few minutes, when I get back my music starts playing where it stopped. Nonetheless if I stay a while longer without connecting to my car, when I get back to it, my playlist starts from the beginning and what irks me the most, is that it follows the exact same order as before.

Does anyone have similar issues with airplay?

PS. I made a bug report for the issue

2. sectime macrumors 6502a

What kind of car do you have that uses Airplay?? Mine uses Bluetooth, My iphone 5 does not do what you describe, just picks up were it stopped. What is " a while" Some car audio systems keep awake internally for a set time just for this scenario, some wakeup when the car is unlocked. As far as playlist order what else would it do? Which phone do you have? I just noticed your listing a 3GS phone, 256 meg ram might be the problem if you are using the phone and apps while not in the car.