AirPlay, iTunes, iPhone Remote, Receiver

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BeerNap, Apr 5, 2011.

1. BeerNap macrumors newbie

I just bought the Pioneer VSX 1021-K. Saw it posted on macrumors and it satisfied a much needed upgrade.

Now I want to stream from iTunes to the receiver controlling it with the Remote application. Simple, right? I can neither use the Remote app nor enable Airplay out of iTunes. I can Airplay right from iPhone to Receiver.

My set up, XP Pro SP3, iTunes 10.2.1.1, iPhone 4 4.3.1. Firewall is turned off, MS Security Essentials Realtime = off. Receiver Ethernet, Windows box Ethernet.

I've tried:
    • Turning Off/On Home Sharing
    • Checking "Allow iTunes control from Remote Speakers"
    • Reinstalling iTunes using repair option
    • Rebooting. Several.

Google Searches tell me there should be a check box under devices for "look for iPhone & iPod Touch remotes". I DO NOT have this option. Instead I have "iTunes is not paired with any Remotes" the Forget All Remotes button is disabled.

There is no box in the lower right where I could choose alternate speakers or anything.

It appears to be two different problems. Could easily have the same source. I haven't nailed it by googling. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Mess macrumors 6502

Mess

Make sure all devices are connected to the same wifi network and try reinstalling itunes.

3. njaremka macrumors 6502

just to be sure, are you trying to use itunes from the iphone? or your computer? the remote app is used to control itunes on the computer.

i would start trying to get itunes on the computer connected to the receiver, then worry about controlling it from the iphone with the remote app.

i assume the receiver came with instructions on how to set-up itunes on your computer to connect to it? get that set-up first. then, getting the iphone to connect to itunes on your computer through the remote app should be the easy part.