Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 24, 2010
How do you activate the mirroring feature of the iPhone 4S? I know on the iPad 2 when you double tap the home button and swipe left theres an airplay button and you switch on mirroring that way, but on the iPhone there is no such button.

Never mind I am an idiot; it's another swipe left...

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
How do you activate the mirroring feature of the iPhone 4S? I know on the iPad 2 when you double tap the home button and swipe left theres an airplay button and you switch on mirroring that way, but on the iPhone there is no such button.

Never mind I am an idiot; it's another swipe left...

Nah, that's one I always forget.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
I was trying to figure that out, too. I just read in another thread to make sure your Apple TV 2 has the latest software. I forgot to update my ATV2 so I'm doing it now. I hope that will give me the mirroring on/off toggle that I'm not seeing on my iPhone 4s, just yet.

I'll update this post once it's finished.

Edit: it works! Updating my ATV2 allows me to mirror. AWESOME FEATURE!!!
Just remember: double tap home button and swipe to the right two times (past the iPod controls). When you click on the AirPlay symbol you'll have the option to enable mirroring. If I weren't on my phone right now, I'd post screenshots.

Hope it works for you. Let me know.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.