Airplay Mirroring with Iphone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tech324, Oct 21, 2011.

1. tech324 macrumors 6502

Has anyone used the airplay mirroring on the iphone 4S to make it more like a desktop? I was wondering if I would be able to hook an Apple TV to my PC monitor, set my iphone down next to it, enable the mirroring, hook up a keyboard and mouse (if possible), and use the iphone on the PC monitor as if it was like a desktop? Has anyone tried this? Does it work well?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Does anyone know if they iPad DVI adapter works on the iPhone now?

If so that would be easier and cheaper than an Apple TV.

I don't know, though, so I've just added another question for you to research.

3. tech324 thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess using a DVI adapter instead of airplay would be fine. I just want to know if its possible and if it works well to hook the iphone upto a monitor and use a keyboard and/or mouse.

4. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I don't believe you can use a mouse with the iPhone. Other than that, I suppose you could do as you suggest. With ATV you'd need an HDMI->DVI adapter if your monitor doesn't have an HDMI connector.

5. tech324 thread starter macrumors 6502

I believe what the previous post was about using a cable to go from the iphone 4s directly to a monitor instead of using an apple tv. Which if there is a cable that can do that and is there an adapter so you can plug a charger into the iphone 4s along with the cable that goes to the monitor?