iPhone airplay mirroring without apple tv

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vvstorm2, Jul 15, 2012.

1. vvstorm2 macrumors newbie

m goin to buy new led smart tv.
    but i dont have apple tv. so plz tell me is there any way(cydia tweak) to airplay mirror my jailbroken iphone 4s(ios 5.1.1) so that i can view my entire iphone screen on tv over wifi (without hdmi cable)
    plz help me out....!! :rolleyes::apple:

2. rrandyy macrumors 6502

You could hook up your laptop to your tv and then AirPlay to your laptop. However, nothing is going to work as well as an apple tv.

There is no cydia app to replace the functionality of appletv.

3. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Yup, AirServer in Cydia cannot mirror, "only" play back MOV videos and audio.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

The cost of an AppleTV is very reasonable. ;)

5. cashlion macrumors member

6. lotorus macrumors newbie

What about with an AirPlay compatible A/V receiver? Most people with home theaters will have an A/V receiver which feeds the HDMI signal to the TV. Would you still need an AppleTV in that scenario? I'm in the market for a new A/V receiver and there are a few AirPlay compatible receivers.

For example, this Pioneer unit says its AirPlay compatible and that "You can even view song title, artist, track time as well as album art on an HDMI connected TV."

So that should mean it would also support Airplay Mirroring? No need for AppleTV?

7. rrandyy macrumors 6502

I'm almost positive that is audio only. You won't be able to AirPlay videos or mirror using the pioneer.

Edit: at 10:22 he says the 1021-K doesn't do video: video review

8. lotorus macrumors newbie

Interesting... I wonder if that's a hardware or software/firmware limitation of the receiver since some display info is being sent to the screen.