AirPlay Not Working For AirPort Express. Solution?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HappyDude20, Jul 4, 2011.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Here at home I have an Airport Express and an Apple TV. iTunes on my Mac, iPhone and iPad all recognize the Apple TV when it comes to viewing videos such as through the YouTube app from one of my iOS devices...and even iTunes on my Mac has the AppleTV button when wanting to watch a movie on the big screen...

...However my Airport Express is practically non-existent. Airport Express doesn't show up for any of my iOS devices and therefore not an option under iPod App, Pandora or others..

The only time/place it does show up is in iTunes on my Mac when wanting to stream music.

Any solutions? I'm totally lost on this one.

*I've checked Airport Utility and am up to date as well.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I've has this happen to my network a few times. I fixed it by restarting the Express and any other routers I had. Try restarting your whole network and the iPhone, it should return.

3. JediMeister macrumors 68040

I'm away from my computer right now, posting from my iPhone, but maybe this article can give you some pointers?

4. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I figure this would be the best route to take... Here we go!

5. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Quick Update:

I've set AE to its factory setting and began from scratch. AirPlay on my iPhone for iPod & Pandora worked for about an hour before disappearing again.

I consider this an important concerning simply because I have my iPhone w/ me everywhere in the house and it's much easier to play music on my phone...throughout the house.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Does your Mac stay all a lot? Could you use the Apple Remote app to control iTunes?

7. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Yes, my Remote app has never failed me.

I just restored my iPhone and AirPlay is working within iPod & Pandora. I'll report back in a matter of days should the functionality go away as it did before.