AirPlay on PC or Mac?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by amitabhbansal, Feb 17, 2013.

1. amitabhbansal macrumors 6502

friends
    i am looking for some softwares by which i can airplay my iDevices to pc pr mac, please help
    Thanks

2. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

I use AirServer and it works pretty well (it can do screen mirroring or just act as an AirPlay receiver for Video/Audio).
    There is another software I'm aware of, but forgot the name.

3. T4R06 macrumors 65816

4. amitabhbansal thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the replies, Plex is paid app and XBMC needs to be jailbreaken device, i am looking for a free app and software, i dont like jailbreaking device

5. DefBref macrumors 6502

You don't install any of the mentioned software on your iPhone. You install on your pc or mac and it becomes a airplay device that the iPhone can airplay to. Nothing change son the iPhone it just looks like there's available airplay devices on your network.

6. amitabhbansal thread starter macrumors 6502

but none of my phone and ipad is showing airplay feature even not mirroring after installing plex

7. DefBref macrumors 6502

I'm not familiar with Plex, but you probably have to enable it somewhere in settings.

8. benfica88 macrumors regular

As mentioned, Airserve, Reflector, and there's another...can't remember the name.

9. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

I guess you are extremely confussed or dont really know what you want.
    Every iOS device (most of them, I don't know if something old as hell as the 3GS can support it) can act as an AirPlay "Sender" to an Airplay Receiver (e.g AppleTV, special compatible speakers).

What you asked was a way to AirPlay from iOS TO Mac/PC. So all you need is an application installed on your Mac/PC (like another posted said) so that it becomes an AirPlay Receiver, capable of receiving sound, video and screen mirroring.
    Such alternatives were already posted, they work great and they all cost.
    I don't even understand why you mention jailbreak.

The only "free" alternatives I know of, now obsolete (e.g They don't support Mountain Lion? They don't work on iOS 5+?) are AirMac and BananaTV.

Now, a word of advice, if you do have all of those devices on your signature at home ($$$$$$$), then what's $3 to $15 USD for a software you need? ;)

I realize I'm posting this pretty late, and chances are the OP won't come back, but anyway MacRumors is heavily indexed on google, and I leave this for reference to any future travelers of teh intrawebz.