AirPlay "on"?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by OctoChicken, Nov 30, 2015.

1. OctoChicken macrumors member

OctoChicken

I've searched for this on both Google and here, and I haven't been able to find an answer; if I somehow missed it, please accept my apologies and feel free to direct me towards it. Every so often, and I have no idea why, but I will notice that airplay has turned "On" on my watch. Whenever this happens, the battery drains rapidly, and I can't figure out how to turn it off other than turning the watch off and on. I get a "cancel" prompt, but it doesn't work. Why does this happen, and how the heck do I prevent it?

2. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

You are not alone - I have noticed the same thing on my watch. I have no idea why it happens and I have no idea how to prevent it.

3. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

AirPlay is on for me when I use my Bluetooth headphones. Do you have any devices (other than connection to iPhone) that you have setup?

4. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

This is incredible ! I have started a tread a few minutes ago about the same problem I have had for a few days and just saw this one now.
    I've been searching high and low all day for an answer to this issue...
    I'll add that I don't have bluetooth headphones .

Note to moderators : Please feel free to combine treads

5. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

Airplay on AW is to set Airplay device from your iPhone to Airplay device, not streaming from AW to Airplay device.
    When you see Airplay "on" in AW, check iPhone Airplay status simply scroll up the shortcut from iPhone, and see is Airplay also set to Airplay device or not. If it is, it could be AW simply reflect iPhone Airplay status.

6. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

I don't think that's what causes it. As I type this, my iPhone is airplaying to my Apple TV, but the Airplay indicator on my watch is white, not green.

7. StevenB14 macrumors regular

StevenB14

I'm having the same issue. My phone is not on wifi, I have no airplay devices near me at all and yet the watch is showing airplay on (aiplay symbol coloured blue). No idea what's happening here.

8. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

You are not alone . After unpairing my watch and pairing it again yesterday I have the same problem .

9. jasie02 macrumors 6502a

jasie02

Another possibility is do you have a Bluetooth headset/headphone/speaker will accepted multiple Bluetooth sources, and is turn on at that moment?
    Lots of new Bluetooth headset/headphone/speaker accept multiple sources, so when you turn it on or left it turn on to connect to iPhone or other Bluetooth device, if you previously also connected with AW before, it will actually connect and allow both iPhone/other-device and AW to connect at same time.

10. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

No bluetooth device for me besides my phone ...

11. OctoChicken thread starter macrumors member

OctoChicken

I'm glad to hear other people are experiencing this. I do have a pair of Bluetooth headphones which I keep powered off except when I exercise. They weren't on the times I've noticed the AirPlay, but could they have triggered it?

12. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

I don't know if this will help or not but I just wanted to let the people who have the same issue that so far ,for me , it has stopped since I made a hard reboot of my iPhone .

13. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

My AirPlay symbol turns blue when my Watch is playing Music to my Backbeat Fit BT headset. The headset is only paired to my Watch as I use it for music while running without my phone.

I have never seen it come on accidentally, but it sounds like a bug of some kind.

TxWatch

14. OctoChicken thread starter macrumors member

OctoChicken

Yeah. I think it might be. I was traveling this weekend and it switched on again without my headphones being on. I was on a train and wondered if it was triggered somehow by someone else's streaming? The other times it's happened have been in my office and at home.

15. Applenoob34 macrumors regular

I had the same issue going on soon after I updated to OS2. It never happened before OS2. I also found it because my battery was unusually low after only a small amount of time. I initially unpaired the watch and repaired it. This helped for a bit, but it eventually came back. Every now and then I still get it but simply turning the watch off then back on seems to fix it.

16. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

Anything new ?
    I stopped having this issue for a few days but now it's back .