AirPlay only shows in Control Center

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by nu1stunna, Oct 18, 2014.

1. nu1stunna macrumors newbie

Hi all, I'm having a bit of a problem after updating to iOS 8. Before the update, I was able to AirPlay from my iPhone and iPad in individual apps with the AirPlay button in that player. For example, if I was streaming a video from a website, I'd click play and the video would go full screen and at the bottom of the screen there'd be an AirPlay icon that I could tap and that would be the end of it. I could then press the home button or open a new tab and go about using my phone as if the video was playing on my TV independently of the phone. However, this is no longer the case. If I want to AirPlay, that icon no longer shows up and I have to pull up Control Center to get it to play on the Apple TV. The problem with this is that I am now stuck playing video only and cannot use my phone for anything else while it is streaming. If I open a new tab or press the home button, the video stops and the Apple TV goes back to its homescreen and I lose progress of the video completely. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Or did this iOS update just screw me and I have no way of getting it to do what it did fine before? Thanks in advance for your help/responses.

2. MacrumoursUser macrumors 6502

MacrumoursUser

3. nu1stunna thread starter macrumors newbie

Evidently people who are using 8.1 beta 2 aren't experiencing this issue. I guess we will know for sure tomorrow.

4. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

Mine just doesn't work on my 6 Plus. It used to be so easy in 7.x. I would be playing a video, hit the airplay button and it would show up on my tv. Or if I wanted to share my screen on the tv, I would bring up NC, hit Airplay and it would start mirroring. Now it doesn't do any of that. It freezes like its trying to do something and then it turns itself off again. I really hope they fix this with tomorrows update or I swear this is going to be the last iPhone I purchase.

5. ttmrn macrumors regular

iOS 8 literally broke everything.
    some one needa shake up the software department.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Or literally not and literally not everything.

7. yourmn Contributor

yourmn

I am also getting this problem on iOS 8.1 - any solution?

8. Khakimzhan macrumors newbie

Still no solution :( - only to hope they will fix it in 8.2 (hopefully sooner, with 8.1.1)

Also, some apps will not let my forward (scrubbing) video in full-screen mode (after rotating the screen, the bar will be shown)

9. nu1stunna thread starter macrumors newbie

Has anybody come across any solution for this yet? 8.1 didn't do the trick