Airplay Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rijowysock, Nov 16, 2011.

1. rijowysock macrumors member

Airplay drops out often and then sometimes my Airplay devices (B&W zeppelin air's) do not even show up in the menu of options....

would it be better if i had a dedicated internet for the airplay speakers (and therefore connect to that network with my devices to play airplay (separate from computers)

not sure why it's so problematic at times..

2. iLes macrumors member

Have you figured this out yet? My AirPlay from my iPad or 4s will work for maybe 15 seconds then drops out. I'd like to know if this setup you propose will work?

- Les

3. DocNYz macrumors 6502a

DocNYz

Mine cuts out a fair amount as well, especially when playing youtube. Although, it's probably due to the piece of **** time warner router/modem combo they force us to use with wideband service ...

4. iLes macrumors member

Well I changed my Trendnet wireless N router out for a Linksys wireless G and AirPlay works now.

- Les

5. DocNYz macrumors 6502a

DocNYz

Good to know although TW doesn't allow you to only get a modem, they have the modem/router combo and even though I turned wireless off on it and have everything going through an Airport Extreme (and a few D-Link switches) it still cuts out because I have no way to get rid of the ubee piece of **** combo that they forced upon us.