Airplay Speaker Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jpiszcz, Nov 25, 2013.

1. jpiszcz, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013

jpiszcz macrumors regular

Hello,

WIth bluetooth speakers, when you leave for work and come home you have to re-pair them manually by pressing the pair or power/connect button.

Is this the same for Airplay speakers or, when you return home will it remember the setting and automatically play via the Airplay speaker?

Justin.

2. jpiszcz thread starter macrumors regular

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

You don't pair Airplay speakers but you do have to select them for output.

4. kidtriton macrumors newbie

Going from memory of what I think I've seen happen is that as long as you don't open and use that app while you're away then when you come back home it will still be set to play to them. But if you open the app (pandora, etc) while not on that network the airplay speakers were on it will default back to the internal speaker and not change back until you do it manually.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

AirPlay does play audio to a speaker while the device is locked.

6. jpiszcz thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! If you leave and go away from the AirPlay speakers and come back in 2-3 hours, does it continue to use the AirPlay speakers or do you have to re-select them as the output device?

7. jpiszcz thread starter macrumors regular

Does anyone use Airplay speakers who can confirm how it works if you return home, do they auto-reconnect or is it a manual process?

Justin.

8. rrandyy macrumors 6502

It is manual. When I return home from work, I have to select that airplay speaker again. On the other hand, each time I get in my car the phone detects the BT and automatically sends mp3/pandora/etc audio to my car. No need to re-pair or even select the car speaker each time.

9. jpiszcz thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the response, good to know.