airplay speakers on/off.. quicker way?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Swayzee, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Swayzee macrumors member

Hey guys,

I had a question about using airplay through the apple TV. One of the main things i love about mountain lion and apple tv is the fact that i can play music through my home theater speakers from my mbpr without having to be directly connected. I have my apply TV hooked up to the receiver through HDMI so even if the TV is off as long as the receiver is on i can still listen to music. I had a question however, the way i have to turn on airplay is i have to always go to system preferences>sound>output>(apple tv- airplay). Is there a quicker way of doing this. Like having an option on the toolbar like you do for airplay mirroring? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. zepman macrumors regular

zepman

Yes. Alt-click the sound icon on the menubar and choose the output device you would like to use. I'm sure you know but, if you are using iTunes there's an Airplay icon down to the right.

3. smellalot macrumors 6502

For me it shows only one of my AirportExpresses in that status bar menu (the last one I used I think). Is there any way to make it show all of them?