Airplay Speakers -> System Mac Audio

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by DJTaurus, Apr 13, 2013.

1. DJTaurus macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

1) Is it possible to use airplay speakers for all Mac's sounds not only airplay itunes music...?

2) Which is the best budget airplay speakers device?

2. Holmes093 macrumors 6502

Holmes093

1). Yes you can use airfoil for this.

2). Cheapest option would probably be to buy an airport express and connect the AE up to any speakers, which will make them airplay enabled.

3. waw74 macrumors 68030

take a look at airfoil it will send whole system audio, or the sound from a single app.

be aware, there is about a 2 second delay due to buffering, so if you're planning on playing a video, unless you use the video player from airfoil, your audio will be behind.
    (i'll also mention, you can download for free as a trial, but it will only transmit for 10 minutes at a time. Had someone here purchase it, and then went off on me when it didn't work the way he thought it would)

it's also built into mountain lion, but i currently am having no luck getting it to work

--

cheapest option is this speaker from Fry's for $69, not telling about the sound quality though.

4. DJTaurus thread starter macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Define "best". What's you biggest priority? Cost? Ease of setup? Ease of use? Sound quality? What's your budget?

Don't just assume that your notion of best is the same as everyone else no matter what the topic. If there was one best then everyone would be using it and nothing else.

6. waw74 macrumors 68030

yes, that,
    but when i click on it, it doesn't do anything, or if i try to do it from the system audio page, it won't let me change the output.

Although, I just tried it again, it's working now, but similar to airfoil, there is the 2 second delay, although quicktime player seems to compensate for this.
    so... videos played in quicktime are in sync, but in VLC or a browser (tested with youtube) they are not

7. DJTaurus thread starter macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

Best for me is sth not over 200$ :cool:

I am looking for one of these....?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=358549767&pf_rd_i=468294
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=358549767&pf_rd_i=468294