Airplay Stops when IPad sleeps

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by IPadNParadise, Feb 13, 2017.

1. IPadNParadise macrumors 6502

IPadNParadise

I have the latest ios 10 update and a new Appletv 4 with latest update and Airplay stops when the ipad (pro 9.7") sleeps. Actually this whole new Apple tv is crap. I have to restart it constantly to fix audio with no video but other than inconvenient, that works. Restart did not fix the ipad sleep issue. Any fixes for that?
    --- Post Merged, Feb 13, 2017 ---
    Title should say Stops not Stoos

2. IPadNParadise thread starter macrumors 6502

IPadNParadise

So no one else has this problem nowadays? On the web I see questions about this same issue but they are from 2010-2014. BUT even tho I have the latest tvos and ios, I tried all the suggestions I read and nothing works except setting the ipad to Never Sleep. I dont want to do that.

3. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Try a restore. You'll have to sign back in to everything, but it could be your update just pooped out during the process.

4. err404 macrumors 68020

This is app dependent. For example the YouTube app works fine for background playback, but if you use AirPlay from the website, it usually stalls.

5. kiranmk2 macrumors 6502a

kiranmk2

Agreed - some apps work very well in Airplay, but some (including as mentioned above, Safari) will stop when the iPad sleeps. The easiest way to sort it out is set the iPad to never sleep (and then change back to normal after watching the video). Annoying but the only way I've found to do it so far.