Airplay to macbookpro

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Fl3mez, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Fl3mez macrumors newbie

Hi everyone fast question I'll begetting a laptop for school (Mbpr) soo I was wondering if there is a way to AirPlay stuff on my iPod to a MacBook without having to pay (I'll probably be broke after I pay all the fees and fun stuff) and also if I can will it fill up the entire screen of my MacBook and how would the quality be(5gen iPod, hopefully it will be iPhone 6 or the plus... Still can't decide)

Thanks!!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The best solution is AirServer. It does cost money, less than $20 I think. They have an educational discount price point as well. You can check out their download page for license costs: http://www.airserver.com/Download I use it and it works rather well for my purposes.

3. Fl3mez, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014

Fl3mez thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome 20 bucks isn't much hopefully it's not monthly but if it Is I may go for it. I shall check it out and get back here

Thanks for the reply

Fast question is it a lifetime thing or monthly I cantseem to find that? And the price is awesome much cheaper then 20 dollars (going to be like 14 bucks, (educational discount))

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It's lifetime. They haven't yet charged for any newer versions. I bought it way back on version 2 and my license still works with the current version 5. Haven't had to pay anything extra in the past 3 years of using it.

5. Fl3mez thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome!!! I got my @hdsb school account right now so I shall grab i. Thank you for all your help!