Airplay to multiple speakers from ios device

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by scmacdaddy, Feb 2, 2012.

1. scmacdaddy macrumors regular

I'm looking to send my pandora stream or any music source to all 3 of my airplay speakers. any cydia hack that allows this? haven't found one yet.

2. nill02 macrumors newbie

Please someone tell this is possible! I dont see how it can be? Been searching for a solid week now! I use my ipad to control the house speakers and would kill for an app to allow multiple speakers on it!

3. hansen06 macrumors newbie

Airfoil - stream Pandora to multiple Airport Express devices

I have been looking for the last year or so for a solution to this. Here's how I do it:

1) Download Airfoil ($25 for Windows or Mac) to your main home computer
    http://rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/windows/

2) Once it's installed you open Airfoil and choose a source (i.e. Pandora) and start your stream from the home computer.

3) Once the stream is going, Airfoil and will show & recognize all the Airport Express devices as available speakers to throw the stream to. It even recognizes iPhones / iPods on the network if you download the Airfoil app to them. This is really nice for me since I plug my iPhone into a Klipsch speaker dock out on the deck during warmer months. Same music on the deck that's running in the kitchen.

4) Select which speakers you want to stream to and voila, you have Pandora or any other stream you want on all your Airport Expresses outside of Apple Remote/iTunes.

You can download a trial of Airfoil to test it out which will run for 10 minutes before they start throwing static on the stream.

Overall quality is 'okay' I would say. It drops a little more frequently than I like, but if your network traffic is light outside of streaming, it's a good solution until Apple expands to include this capability.