AirPlay Wake On Lan

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Semdk, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Semdk macrumors member

Hi
    I really think that AirTunes (+ AirPlay) is a great product, great integration into iPhone/iPod and iTunes.

But i were wondering whether it's possible to turn on/off the receiver/speaker/tv from the iPhone/iPod?
    Maybe a USB DC plug which could control the power for the receiver/speaker. This USB DC plugs could then be connected with the AirPort Express and controlled from the iPod/iPhone over WiFi.

What do you think of the idea? Is it possible to some how suggest/submit to Apple?

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

here's a couple devices, one plug into the headphone jack, the other sits on your network that functions as an IR remote.
    It's a lot more functional than just a power toggle, as depending on the brand of your TV, they may not come on just by pluggin them in.

there are also options to use home automation, (x-10, z-wave, and others) to control everything from your phone. They have Relay outlets you can use to control the power to your system.

I could see something like this being built into the :apple:TV2 before it would ever go into the express.