Airplay

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by skyehigh, Dec 8, 2013.

1. skyehigh macrumors member

I have sound dock air speaker i use to play music .
    This worked no problem at all with our phones , pads and macbook pros.
    It still works with the laptops but ever since the IOS update it plays around 6-7 songs then disappears from the phones . When you reboot it does exactly the same again .
    Contacted Bose and they say its an Apple problem ever since ios7 .
    There are hundreds of folk with the same problems on loads of other sites so why the hell are Apple not doing anything about it ?

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

I would think that this is a typical Bose reaction! Apparently there is an incompatibility problem with their product and iOS 7. Admittedly, this is a problem. However, it surely remains Bose's responsibility to fix their products, as is the case with other suppliers who, in similar circumstances, provide updates/patches etc.

3. joshforman macrumors regular

It depends on whose software is "broken". If Apple changed how Airplay works in iOS 7, and that's the reason, that is up to Bose to fix. If something iOS 7 is broken and is not working as it should due to a fault in iOS 7 then it'll be up to Apple.

4. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Nothing is actually "broken". It's simply a case of incompatibility. Take for example digital cameras and printers. On the release of a new or updated OS, companies such as Canon or Epson produce a "patch" to upgrade the software of their product/s in order to ensure compatibility.

5. skyehigh thread starter macrumors member

It could never be a problem with ios7 surely.
    The thousands of online complaints over ios7 must be bogus , never Apples fault eh ?
    The unit worked fine in iOS6 and ever since the update its stopped working.
    It also works ok on my macbook pro and on a new samsung tablet .
    IOS7 is a mess and everyone knows it and Apple are not working quick enough to deal with it .
    End result , folk look for new products that give them less hassle ........

6. John T macrumors 68020

John T

You mustn't be so paranoid regarding the wicked iOS 7!

If you read my post you would have seen that I was referring to how manufacturers upgrade their products when OS's are changed/modified.

Have a look at my reply to joshforman (post 4).

To make my explanation even simpler for you, have a look at an example at this Epson site which refers to one of their printers (I chose it at random). If you click on the OS box you will see they have patches available for download to cover many Mac and Windows OS's.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

7. skyehigh thread starter macrumors member

Apologies , i just get pissed off with folk who see nothing wrong with Apple products and like to put the blame at everyone else's door.
    Ios7 is a disaster and everyone knows it .

8. pdjudd macrumors 601

That is an opinion that is not supported by any evidence. I would argue it is not.

9. skyehigh thread starter macrumors member

No evidence ! Please tell me you are joking . Type it into google , there are dozens of sites with thousands of people having all kinds of problems ever since the update.
    This site alone has hundreds every day complaining about it .
    Keep your head in the sand , thats what Apple seem to be doing too.......

10. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

What version of iOS 7 are you running? When you use iOS 7 and it disappears from the phone, is it still available to the other devices?

The second question is anecdotal evidence of whether the phone lost connection to the speaker (because of this issue) or the speaker "crashed".

Off topic: This is the same scenario as iOS 6 not working with some Bluetooth devices. Lots of blame to go around and someone needs to fix it pronto.

11. ThisIsNotMe macrumors 68000

Thousands of posts is reflective of tens of millions of devices?
    Welcome to the internet - where the only people that post are people who are upset.