AirPod Case - Black Dots

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by coffeemadmanUK, Jul 13, 2017.

1. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

I've noticed two black dots appear on my AirPods case after a few week's owning. It doesn't rub off. I was slightly annoyed at myself for damaging it but then I thought it looks too perfectly aligned for me to have done this. A quick Google has shown that a few others have had the same issue.

Does anyone else have this/know what this might be? I found an X-Ray image it looks like they align with a specific part of the charging process.

Attached Files:

2. Relentless Power, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Interesting. Never observed this before or heard of it. I would contact Apple and I'm willing to think they would likely switch out your Battery case for a replacement. I would explain the concern and provide them the pictures you took as well.

3. coffeemadmanUK thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

Got an appointment booked at an Apple store this afternoon. It doesn't seem to affect the usage of them, and from the small amount of charging I've needed to do (great battery life) they haven't got warm but better to be safe than sorry with batteries...

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

And most likely the reason I said they would replace the battery pack, is they would take your battery pack and pass it onto their engineer team to have it looked at. So my thoughts are they will likely replace the battery pack for you.

Let us know any other information you have after your appointment.

5. coffeemadmanUK thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

Took it in and they replaced the case, though he hadn't seen this before.

Give it a few weeks and hope it doesn't come back...