Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattroman246

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
will the new airpods be compatible with iPhone 6s or other earlier iPhone or iPad models. Just wondering in particular if the quick connect feature will work with the iPhone 6s rather than going through the whole Bluetooth setup process.

Thank you!

Zapdoc

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2012
will the new airpods be compatible with iPhone 6s or other earlier iPhone or iPad models. Just wondering in particular if the quick connect feature will work with the iPhone 6s rather than going through the whole Bluetooth setup process.

Thank you!
[doublepost=1473366698][/doublepost]
Wondering the same
Perhaps with new iOS upgrade they may do this with 6/6S or SE

Even if they don't do the easy link up will they still work with Bluetooth on these other I phones
As I quite like them and would get them for my SE which is just a few months old and not ready to change phones yet

lirn8

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2013
israel
I think it's a matter of what ios you have
Ios 10 will support the quick connection with the airpods

EDIT
After reading some information the connection with older devices will be regular Bluetooth

Last edited:

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010

Thank you!

I suppose it will. Will let you know when it ships. ☺️

Last edited:

bhayes444

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2013

Thank you!
I don't see why they wouldn't support the quick connect on other iPhones. The compatibility mentions having an iCloud account, and the device needs to use: MacOS Sierra, iOS 10, or WatchOS 3. Quick connect on a watch or computer I wouldn't be too confident about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.