Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmillar74

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2011
Livonia, Michigan
Anyone have problems where the AirPods won't connect to your phone call. My AirPods are only a couple weeks old but I've had numerous times where they won't connect to a phone call. I will tap on the Bluetooth options, during a phone call, and the AirPod option is checked but I cannot hear anything. Anybody else have issues connecting to phone calls? The issue seem very sporadic.

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2009
Slovenia, EU
Happened to me once or twice. Not in the past month. Annoying enough. Still was unable to replicate this, I do numerous calls per day and lately everything OK.

Do you have the newest firmware & iOS version?

Reactions: dmillar74

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Anyone have problems where the AirPods won't connect to your phone call. My AirPods are only a couple weeks old but I've had numerous times where they won't connect to a phone call. I will tap on the Bluetooth options, during a phone call, and the AirPod option is checked but I cannot hear anything. Anybody else have issues connecting to phone calls? The issue seem very sporadic.

Aside from being up to date on the software, initiate a re-pair as well by disabling Bluetooth and "Forget" the Airpods under settings.

dmillar74

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2011
Livonia, Michigan
Happened to me once or twice. Not in the past month. Annoying enough. Still was unable to replicate this, I do numerous calls per day and lately everything OK.

Do you have the newest firmware & iOS version?

I do. I'm going to try and forget the device and re-pair again. Thanks for your help

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
I do. I'm going to try and forget the device and re-pair again. Thanks for your help

I got mine about a week ago. They came with the original firmware. It took me a while to get it to update to the latest (non-beta) firmware. I originally was trying to get it to jump directly to the iOS 11 beta to add the individual side controls (see the iOS 11 beta forum), and it wouldn't go.

So I updated them with iOS10, then after made the jump to the beta, but everything took me a while. I would say the firmware updates on these are not as seamless as they could be.

dmillar74

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2011
Livonia, Michigan
I got mine about a week ago. They came with the original firmware. It took me a while to get it to update to the latest (non-beta) firmware. I originally was trying to get it to jump directly to the iOS 11 beta to add the individual side controls (see the iOS 11 beta forum), and it wouldn't go.

So I updated them with iOS10, then after made the jump to the beta, but everything took me a while. I would say the firmware updates on these are not as seamless as they could be.

I agree on the seamless thing! Apple needs to streamline it better. As for updating, I'm up to date but I did forget the device and re-pair it. Been fine since!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.