Airpod Skins

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AlliFlowers, Mar 4, 2017.

1. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

From Http://getairpodskins.com. The company reached out to me on Twitter, and sent me a set. Included were two black and one red, although there are normally only two sets in the $8.25 pack. I was anxious to try these as my complaints about other Airpod skins has been that there were no cuts to allow wrapping over a curved surface. These have the necessary cuts, as you can see from the photos below.

Naturally, my first attempt was less than perfect, but it still looked a lot better than anything I'd tried before. With the second, I only peeled the top part from the paper, and aligned and stuck it, before peeling and sticking the bottom half. Worked brilliantly. The cuts do make all the difference in conforming to a curved surface.

With these, very little white shows when they're in your ears. And the color selection is pretty stellar.

Two ears up!

IMG_4132.JPG IMG_4133.JPG IMG_4134.JPG IMG_4135.JPG IMG_4136.JPG

2. Polaroid macrumors 6502a

I got matte black on order, wanted to avoid shiny to draw attention away from them lol - I did put my own wood decal on, but they looked like cigarettes hanging out of my ears lol

3. AlliFlowers thread starter Contributor

AlliFlowers

To be honest, nobody ever seems to notice them (with our without skins), unless they're techies. I was out to dinner with friends one night and had forgotten to take one out. Friends didn't notice until the waiter looked at me and cried "OMG, is that the new Apple Airpods?! This is my first time seeing one!"

4. Polaroid macrumors 6502a

Ah well I've noticed a few people staring at them when I wear in public lol... plus when I see my reflection it just looks stupid haha, looking forward to getting my black covers to make them more discrete, cause id hate to return them, they are some of the best headphones I have used and Ive used soem expensive ones lol... these are great :p, just wish Apple made them a tad more discrete ;)

5. Ralfi macrumors 65816

Ralfi

Interesting. They remind me of the bestskinsever wrap-around skins for phones.

If these don't start to peel away, they'd sell a few.

Curious to see how they hold up after a few weeks/months etc.

6. rockyromero macrumors 6502

rockyromero

I bought skins from eBay.

They worked well until they prevented full charge on one pod.

Removed the skins and everything worked fine again.

The whole thing was not worth the disturbance.

7. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I was contacted as well and figured I'd post my pics and reviews here too. SUPER love not just having plain white AirPods any more, I think the black is a bit more subtle (I have dark brown hair). Application was quite easy, I just followed the instructions making sure to line up the holes along the main side, and then wrapping it around as the last step (don't press down until you're sure).

Think I'll be ordering some hot pink ones when these wear out, although, I don't think they'll wear much -- they go from case, to my ears, back to case. I'd love to see AirPodSkins offer a decal to cover the case at some point too, and maybe even customizable left/right colors would be neat (I'm forever trying to put them in the wrong side in the case). I tossed some Disney stickers on my case for fun, as the case does scratch really easily.

IMG_5252.JPG IMG_6026.JPG IMG_3103.JPG IMG_3371.JPG

8. Polaroid macrumors 6502a

My Matte Black skin arrive today (very fast international delivery!) and I love them, they are a bit tricky to align but they are very sticky and I can't see them peeling anytime soon! even tried to lift them a little to move and align better but it was pretty hard to lift!

Also came with a spare set which is great! So if I need to replace headphone or want to try another colour, I will have backups...

They defo improve look of AirPods and make them a bit more subtle... tempted to try the grey ones and see how they look!

9. macana macrumors newbie

macana

Got the skins for the earbuds but the case was getting scratched so got a cool looking case for it
    podpockets.com

10. demure84 macrumors member

11. Discopants macrumors newbie

Skin colored ones would be good, would make the pods look more discrete

12. ryangoldstein Suspended

ryangoldstein

How about skins for the actual case itself? There are a few other designs too.

[​IMG]