AirPod Volume Quirk

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by friedmud, Jan 8, 2017.

1. friedmud macrumors 65816

TLDR: If your AirPods won't go to max volume try cycling Bluetooth.

My AirPods have been great straight from the first day: no battery issues, fit my ears great, love them!

One thing I kept seeing is people saying the volume is too low... but it was hard for me to believe because I wasn't even able to get my AirPods up above ~75% without hurting my ears... until today.

Yesterday my AirPods and case ran completely out of battery (hadn't charged them in 4 days or so with quite a lot of usage). I plugged them in overnight to charge.

This morning I got up and grabbed them for my workout. Stuck them in my ears and headed to the gym.

When I got to the gym I noticed the volume was a little low for my music. I went to turn it up... and even after turning it ALL the way up the volume was still not loud! No idea what had happened... just, overnight they were no longer loud enough.

I messed around with them for a minute, pausing, playing, taking them in and out of my ears, etc, but nothing fixed it (Note: I didn't have the case with me so I didn't try putting them in the case).

Finally I tried cycling Bluetooth: turning it off and then back on then waiting for the AirPods to reconnect... and it worked! AirPods were back at full volume.

So: if you ever find that the AirPods aren't loud enough for you: try cycling Bluetooth!

This is the first glitch I've had with the AirPods... let's hope it's the last! ;-)

2. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

Just tried this and it works! Was wondering why they were sounding so flat

3. friedmud thread starter macrumors 65816

Great! Glad it helped!

4. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

Thanks dude

5. Ahhz macrumors newbie

Ahhz

Who wouldnt carry their case with them, its like a zippo lol

6. friedmud thread starter macrumors 65816

I live in an apartment... I was just going to the gym downstairs. Why take it with me while I workout? It's just one more thing to keep track of.

However, I do take it with me everyday when I leave the house. My AirPods have taken up permanent residence in the front right pocket of my pants :)

7. Ahhz macrumors newbie

Ahhz

I was just ribbing ya. I always carry it tho because sooner or later the pods have to come out of the ears, and i dont want them jangling around

8. AilingSword75 macrumors newbie

AilingSword75

Thank you!!! It worked! just got my airpods yesterday