Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robdmb

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
Question - are the Airpods loud enough that you could, for example, mow the lawn and still hear the music? Have always used in-ear headphones in the past. Thanks.

daffie

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2010
Holland
I guess so...depending on your lawn mower Still the airpods are not noise cancelling buds so they tend to let in outside noise.

Plett

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2016
Question - are the Airpods loud enough that you could, for example, mow the lawn and still hear the music? Have always used in-ear headphones in the past. Thanks.
Barely useable, but like someone said it is a partially function of the volume of your mower. They work ok for me but definitely know I am mowing. More difficult to hear audio books IMHO than music while mowing with them.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia

Just did this again today actually.

I've used them for a while now whilst mowing. Look, they can't block out the mower noise, but at full volume, I can hear music well enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.