Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Draeconis

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 6, 2008
Hey all, recently lost my Gen 1 AirPods Pro case, but still have the AirPods.

Bought the Gen 2 AirPods Pro with USB-C, and wondered if I could get another Gen 2 USB-C case to get the old Gen 1 AirPods working.

The Gen 1 AirPods certainly fit and charge in the Gen 2 case, but the case makes a distinctly unhappy ‘beep boop’ sound when they’re inserted, or when the case is opened with them inside.

Attempting the normal reset routing ends with a low quick 3 beeps. The the impression I could continue using them, but the charger may damage them, and unclear if/how I could pair this to anything new in the future without an old Gen 1 case 😞

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008

Charging case is compatible with AirPods Pro (2nd generation) that originally shipped with either MagSafe Charging Case (USB‑C) or MagSafe Charging Case (Lightning). AirPods Pro (2nd generation) product features are determined by the charging case originally shipped with the earbuds and are not impacted by a change in charging case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.