AirPods 2 case battery drain

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by KimHansenDK, Mar 28, 2019.

1. KimHansenDK macrumors 6502

Just received my AirPods Gen 2 and in the last hour the case battery level has gone down with 10 (!) percent.

My Gen 1 case went down only a few percent a day.

Any suggestions?

2. dgreening macrumors regular

Is this the wireless charging case or the wired one? Just curious because my 1st Gen was the same - barely noticeable and I purchased the non-wireless set but don't have them yet.

3. KimHansenDK thread starter macrumors 6502

This is the wireless charging case. Maybe I need to decharge it completely and recharge it. If this doesn’t work I will have to contact Apple I guess.

4. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

This might be a silly question, but we’re your AirPods in the case when this happened or was the case empty?

My AirPods were both around 70% and the case was charging them when they arrived.

5. KimHansenDK thread starter macrumors 6502

That was the same when I received mine. Both around 70%.

6. KimHansenDK thread starter macrumors 6502

I have now charged them to 100% and that seems to have solved the issue - at least for now.

7. royinla14 macrumors 6502

I notice a fast drain as well however I am still in the 1st cycle and have not yet charged it once. Will let it go down to 0 and then do a full charge and reassess

8. KimHansenDK thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm mine stayed at 100% from last night until now - but after having used the AirPods for a while the case battery starts draining again. Strange...

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I had issues with my new AirPods, including the AirPods sitting unused in the case, fully charged, losing 22% charge overnight. I called AppleCare and learned that mine are part of a group of defective AirPods. They're replacing them free.