Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon and Walmart today introduced a new all-time low price on the AirPods 2, available for just $69.00, down from $129.00. This is $30 below the average $99.00 deal price we've been tracking all year, and a fantastic early Black Friday deal.

AirPods-Holiday-Feature.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This model of the AirPods is from 2019 and it includes the Lightning Charging Case. Although a few years outdated at this point, the AirPods 2 are perfect for anyone on your list who isn't an audiophile and are asking for a nice pair of wireless earbuds, especially at this price.

If you're on the hunt for AirPods this holiday shopping season, definitely visit our dedicated guide highlighting all of The Best Early Black Friday AirPods Deals. You'll find great discounts on AirPods 3, AirPods Pro 2, and AirPods Max.

You can find all the Apple Black Friday Deals currently available in our dedicated post. For everything else, we're keeping track of all of the season's best Apple-related deals in our Black Friday roundup, so be sure to check back throughout the month for an updated list of all the most notable discounts you'll find for Black Friday 2023.

Update: Amazon has ended this sale, but it remains at Walmart.

Article Link: AirPods 2 Drop to Just $69 for Black Friday

Last edited:

bunce66

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2008
I really hope Apple never stops making the originals. They fit my ears far better than the Pros, which are extremely unfortable, even caused bleeding after wearing them for some time. I returned them for this reason. The 3's are a bit better, but still no good. I've gone back to using my 5 year old pair of Airpod originals.

BGPL

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2016
California
These are great if your ears are similar to the ears apple used to develop them. If not, they are very uncomfortable and they fall out easily. I highly recommend you go to the store and try them on before purchasing.

Reactions: Thisismattwade

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
I really hope Apple never stops making the originals. They fit my ears far better than the Pros, which are extremely unfortable, even caused bleeding after wearing them for some time. I returned them for this reason. The 3's are a bit better, but still no good. I've gone back to using my 5 year old pair of Airpod originals.
I have 2 sets of the originals, but their batteries are no longer retaining charge, specially the right earpiece.

Thisismattwade

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2020
Just purchased, thanks for the tip! (I even used your affiliate link.) These are the perfect wireless headphones for me. I have always loved EarPods, and wireless is cake. (I'd love a usb-c/MagSafe case, but oh well.)

smaffei

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2003
Amazon did this to compete with Walmart who is putting these on sale for the $69 today at 3PM EST (12PM EST for Walmart+ members).

Reactions: metalsiren

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021

Might give the second generation a shot. The extra small ear tip really helps. Also try third party ear tips. Don't let the plugs discourage you from a great experience. I had similar issues but damn are the second generation good.

Having said that I agree with you, not everyone needs or wants that and the second generation are the peak of that design.

itsluquis

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2020
Hello! I'm from Chile, and I'm going to travel to New York during the end of November and beginning of December. Is black friday really good? Are they real deals? And any recommendations of stores where I can find good deals during Black Friday? Thanks!

YankeeSR23

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
New Jersey
The AirPods 3 not being tappable and having shorter stems (for when you wear a beanie) is a downgrade for me.

This is EXACTLY the reason I prefer the second generation AirPods. I feel like with the 3rd generation if you’re walking and try to interact with them you’re just going to pull them out of your ear. Plus I like the fit of the 2nd generation version.

Reactions: klasma

alexandr

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
The AirPods 3 not being tappable and having shorter stems (for when you wear a beanie) is a downgrade for me.
Removing the tap was the dumbest thing they could've done. I do have the AirPods Pro 2nd gen, which I got for sports and for flying. I love that you can control the volume on them, that's something that was missing from the originals. Still wish I could just tap on them...

Reactions: spartan1967

F23

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2014
expected to see a comments section filled with only "nice", I am disappointed

moviesdirector

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2022
I was strongly considering getting these as my first pair of wireless earbuds, but it's already sold out.

Guess I'll just keep waiting then.

spartan1967

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2019
Hello! I'm from Chile, and I'm going to travel to New York during the end of November and beginning of December. Is black friday really good? Are they real deals? And any recommendations of stores where I can find good deals during Black Friday? Thanks!
Yes. Yes. See articles on this site.

lJoSquaredl

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2012
Curious since I've never had AirPods that are sweat and water resistant, does that actually help a lot? Or how does it work, like I've had AirPods that I use for exercise in the past and they get gunked up on the outside and then dampen in sound overtime cuz the ear wax gets under the grill I think. Do these AirPods 3 really combat that or is it still an issue unless I get the AirPods Pros with the tops that separate the ear from the grill?

eifelbube

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2020

Amazon and Walmart today introduced a new all-time low price on the AirPods 2, available for just $69.00, down from $129.00. This is $30 below the average $99.00 deal price we've been tracking all year, and a fantastic early Black Friday deal.

AirPods-Holiday-Feature.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This model of the AirPods is from 2019 and it includes the Lightning Charging Case. Although a few years outdated at this point, the AirPods 2 are perfect for anyone on your list who isn't an audiophile and are asking for a nice pair of wireless earbuds, especially at this price.

If you're on the hunt for AirPods this holiday shopping season, definitely visit our dedicated guide highlighting all of The Best Early Black Friday AirPods Deals. You'll find great discounts on AirPods 3, AirPods Pro 2, and AirPods Max.

You can find all the Apple Black Friday Deals currently available in our dedicated post. For everything else, we're keeping track of all of the season's best Apple-related deals in our Black Friday roundup, so be sure to check back throughout the month for an updated list of all the most notable discounts you'll find for Black Friday 2023.

Update: Amazon has ended this sale, but it remains at Walmart.

Article Link: AirPods 2 Drop to Just $69 for Black Friday
“… the AirPods 2 are perfect for anyone on your list who isn't an audiophile and are asking for a nice pair of wireless earbuds, especially at this price”, … or for those whose AP2 batteries are dead and need to be replaced

Reactions: arlomedia
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.