Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AirPods 2 at Oct 30 Event?

• yes

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
No. This event seems to be more geared towards the Mac and iPad. I think AirPods will be 2019, as rumors have suggested.
Rumors have also suggested Oct 30. It’s all over. I also tend to think no but there’s a chance it could be oct 30.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Rumors have also suggested Oct 30.

I researched this and found _one_ recent rumor indicating from Forbes that there might be an AirPods 2, which I don’t have any faith with Forbes says it all, and multiple rumors have suggested 2019. Anything is possible, but I again, I doubt it, as this event is more about the iPad and Mac.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
I researched this and found _one_ recent rumor indicating from Forbes that there might be an AirPods 2, which I don’t have any faith with Forbes says it all, and multiple rumors have suggested 2019. Anything is possible, but I again, I doubt it, as this event is more about the iPad and Mac.
Google is not your friend? The most famous YouTube Apple channel with Over 6 million mentions the possibility. So does BGR Says it, 9to5 says it, Forbes says it. They all mention the possibility. Nobody is saying they are coming for sure obviously. Hence the rumor.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
For the future, please provide references or links for the reader of what ‘rumor’ you’re referring too..

Nobody is saying they are coming for sure obviously.

Before you read the contents below, re-read your thread title and then read the links that I researched they have no mention of anything for October 30 for AirPods 2. All The sources you listed in your post, referr to the AirPods for 2018 or 2019, nothing related whatsoever to the keynote in two weeks for the AirPods version two. That should clear the disparity of where you’re incorrect.

The most famous YouTube Apple channel with Over 6 million mentions the possibility.

Care to actually link this video this most famous Apple YouTube channel you seemingly made no mention of. {FTR, ‘YouTube’ isn’t directly relatable search like a website like MacRumors or 9to5 Mac is.}

So does BGR Says

No, they didn’t. I researched this and BGR doesn’t mention anything about the AirPods 2 for October 30. They mentioned in an article recently about the original AirPods selling out across Europe, and AirPods version two may be this year or 2019. There’s nothing indicating for an October 30 event, hence your thread title.

https://bgr.com/2018/10/17/airpods-2-release-date-supply-low-in-europe/

9to5 says it.

Again, no they didn’t. Your thread title is talking about a possible October 30 release date for AirPods two, 9to5 Mac mentions _nothing_ about an October 30 possible release date for the AirPods. They made mention back on September 12 for the AirPods 2 possible for 2018 or 2019. Again, this is it not related to your thread title.

https://9to5mac.com/2018/09/12/airpower-mentioned-airpods-product-page/amp/

Forbes says it..

Forbes is the _only_ source that mentioned anything about an October 30 release date for the AirPods 2, the other other sources you listed (Being you didn’t even provide any sources/links) have _no_ mention of the October 30 release date, they just mentioned sometime in 2018 or 2019. That’s where your post is seemingly inaccurate and contradictory to your own thread title.

And, I already stated this:

Hence:

Forbes that there might be an AirPods 2.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidp...s-new-ipad-pro-likely-airpods-2-possible/amp/

Last edited:

tcador

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
NYC
I really hope so. I look forward to buying them and can’t see spending that much money on the current version then have them upgraded shortly after purchase. Oh the apple trap is strong.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
Yes everything is MIGHT hence the word rumor. lol The point was many sites and blogs are saying it could come on October 30. Including well known Mac and computer centric sites and channels. You on the other hand are acting like there is zero possibility of Oct 30. **I tend to agree** but the point is there is a chance it could be Oct 30.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.