AirPods 2 Wireless Charging Case lid misaligned?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by stringerhye, Mar 28, 2019.

1. stringerhye macrumors 6502a

stringerhye

Does anyone else have a slightly misaligned lid on their AirPods 2 wireless charging case. I just received mine and it's ever so slightly off. I'd ignore it but I know it's going to drive me nuts. I don't want to return it since the wait will be forever, but also don't know if they'll even exchange it in the store.

2. dgreening macrumors regular

I noticed mine was a little different but after reading your post, mine is misaligned also. Not sure if we can do anything. Maybe someone will have some ideas - mine is the non-wireless version.

3. stringerhye thread starter macrumors 6502a

stringerhye

Is that normal for all AirPods casing? I looked at my original AirPods case and it's normal.

4. Xarthan macrumors regular

Xarthan

My Airpods 1 case is perfect and so so smooth you can't even tell where the break is, my 2 is misaligned as well. :(

5. Whoakapi macrumors 6502

6. dgreening macrumors regular

I decided to stop by the Apple store and ask about this issue. No issues at all, made the switch right there. Returned the first pair and handed me a brand new box. All is good with this version - all aligned correctly.

7. Chairman.Jobbie macrumors 6502

Are you 100% there is no play or misalignment in the new one? Mine is ever so slightly off - microns, if that's the correct measure - and it had play / click but I had noticed it until now and id even say it's just normal for this kind of enclosure...