Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whadzinaname

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
I seem to be having issues with Airpods 3 and MS Teams on my new iPhone Pro Max - people are complaining that it's extremely choppy. I had these Airpods 3 from day 1 and never had an issue. Few things I tried:

1. Airpods 3 with regular cellular and Whatsapp calls on my 14 Pro Max works fine
2. Airpods 3 with MS Teams on my iPad Pro 2nd generation works fine
3. Teams on my iPhone 14 Pro Max works fine if I am using the speaker or the iPhone

I restarted my iPhone, repaired by Airpods, etc, but nothing is working.

Anyone else seeing this issue? Any advice on how I can fix? This is crippling me!

Reactions: ChrisH76

ChrisH76

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2022
I seem to be having issues with Airpods 3 and MS Teams on my new iPhone Pro Max - people are complaining that it's extremely choppy. I had these Airpods 3 from day 1 and never had an issue. Few things I tried:

1. Airpods 3 with regular cellular and Whatsapp calls on my 14 Pro Max works fine
2. Airpods 3 with MS Teams on my iPad Pro 2nd generation works fine
3. Teams on my iPhone 14 Pro Max works fine if I am using the speaker or the iPhone

I restarted my iPhone, repaired by Airpods, etc, but nothing is working.

Anyone else seeing this issue? Any advice on how I can fix? This is crippling me!
I have this exact issue but with AirPod Pros. I'm good on MS Teams in iPhone 13 Pro Max, MacBook Pro. Also, Phone calls are fine on iPhone 14 Pro Max. But with MS Teams on iPhone 14 Pro Max, sounds fine to me, but everyone I'm calling say sounds like they get every other syllable.

whadzinaname

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Exactly the same situation and Apple support is saying it's Teams. I called my cell from my Teams number and it's exactly how you describe it - every other word. I tried it with my old Airpods 1 and it's fine.

whadzinaname

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
This worked, but what a pain. I am still not sure if it’s a Teams issue or iOS or AirPods.

Like I said, when I try AirPods 1, it was all fine.

Much appreciate the help!

myknack

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2022
I have the same issue with AirPods Pro and iPhone 14 Pro …. It’s horrible :/ it’s working on iPad and Mac perfectly

Last edited:

Benchsitter21

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2022
Has anyone found a solution to this? I just got my iPhone 14 PM and have this same issue with my airpods pro2 where talking in MS teams with Voice Isolation turned on everyone says i sound distorted until i turn it off, then they can hear even the slightest sound around me. Frustrating as this was all working with my iphone 12 and airpods pro2 setup.

Shahramshirazi

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2022
Has anyone found a solution to this? I just got my iPhone 14 PM and have this same issue with my airpods pro2 where talking in MS teams with Voice Isolation turned on everyone says i sound distorted until i turn it off, then they can hear even the slightest sound around me. Frustrating as this was all working with my iphone 12 and airpods pro2 setup.
I returned my AirPods Pro 2 it’s simply not working with me teams it’s choppy any solution where is setting to change mic isolation ?

Benchsitter21

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2022
I returned my AirPods Pro 2 it’s simply not working with me teams it’s choppy any solution where is setting to change mic isolation ?
When you are on an active teams call and the mic is not muted pull down the control center and you will see a section in the top right corner that says Mic mode, you can select Mic Isolation or Standard there. When in isolation mode everyone states my mic is distorted and cant hear me, when in standard mode they can hear my fine but they can also hear keyboard taps my feet when im walking and any other sound that these mics pick up so easily.

Shahramshirazi

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2022
When you are on an active teams call and the mic is not muted pull down the control center and you will see a section in the top right corner that says Mic mode, you can select Mic Isolation or Standard there. When in isolation mode everyone states my mic is distorted and cant hear me, when in standard mode they can hear my fine but they can also hear keyboard taps my feet when im walking and any other sound that these mics pick up so easily.
So what we want to say AirPods Pro 2 in no way can work with ms teams as would a 100 usd Jabra which works perfectly? It’s pity thanks for suggestion I am very disappointed with apple I wanted to use air pods pro 2 for office meetings daily

Benchsitter21

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2022
So what we want to say AirPods Pro 2 in no way can work with ms teams as would a 100 usd Jabra which works perfectly? It’s pity thanks for suggestion I am very disappointed with apple I wanted to use air pods pro 2 for office meetings daily
I am not sure its an Airpods issue but rather an Iphone14 or Ios16 issue as my Airpods Pro2 were working perfectly fine with my Iphone 12 before i upgraded to the 14PM

Shahramshirazi

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2022
I am not sure its an Airpods issue but rather an Iphone14 or Ios16 issue as my Airpods Pro2 were working perfectly fine with my Iphone 12 before i upgraded to the 14PM
Hi so do you think apple can fix it software update I already sold mine AirPods Pro 2 due to issue with Ms Teams apart from that they are good headphones.

whadzinaname

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
After 7 months, this issue still persists in Teams. The workaround works, but the Voice Isolation is a feature that should work for Teams!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.