Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmelrose

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2004
Orlando, FL
View attachment 679606 View attachment 679607

So, ATT lied to me about my order. I cancelled all of my other orders and paid $150 for "expedited" shipping
I had the exact same thing happen. Was told delivery tomorrow but then shipped standard overnight for weekday delivery only so won't be here until Tuesday. Sucks but it is what it is I guess. ATT credited me $25 for the non-expedited expedited shipping and the inconvenience of telling me the 24th but not actually getting to me until the 27th.

kjvmartin

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2016
Detroit
I had the exact same thing happen. Was told delivery tomorrow but then shipped standard overnight for weekday delivery only so won't be here until Tuesday. Sucks but it is what it is I guess. ATT credited me $25 for the non-expedited expedited shipping and the inconvenience of telling me the 24th but not actually getting to me until the 27th.

I was "escalated" which I was told required a call back by a supervisor the same day. They have since closed, no call back.

Phisherman81

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
Glad to help everyone!!

Mine came around 6PM. I love them! They fit better than EarPods somehow, and they sound much better too. I had just one in while finishing an episode of ATP and feeding my young one. They are great.

I got my first pair of Bluetooth earphones when the 1st Apple Watch launched and it was freeing to be wireless while running, but pairing back and forth between devices was a hassle. This is sooooo seamless between the watch and iPhone and iPad. They are the missing link to these devices.

Koobs

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
Just opened mine up and they are great! The sound quality is great and they are comfortable. At first I wasn't sure if I'd like them, but now after trying them, I love them.

Cogsworth

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2015
Got to the party a little late but ordered last night before they ran out. I didn't pay for expedited shipping and mine wer shipped out this morning via USPS Priority. Tracking tonight says they have departed from Fort Worth so I'm guessing they will arrive Tuesday. Can't wait!

jk73

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2012
Unless a scan was skipped somewhere, my order, via standard shipping (USPS Priority), has been sitting in Grapevine, Texas, for 31 hours. Strange.

johnmac59

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
Michigan
Unless a scan was skipped somewhere, my order, via standard shipping (USPS Priority), has been sitting in Grapevine, Texas, for 31 hours. Strange.

Mine is sitting in the same place. No movement since it was scanned in Grapevine, TX on 12/22/17 @ 11:17pm. I sure hope they just missed a scan.

Chris916

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
I placed my order about 30 min after this thread was started and it still shows processing. While others have seemed to order after me and already received them :(. No movement on my order whatsoever. Anyone else like this or just me?

Reactions: pippakay

pippakay

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2009
I placed my order about 30 min after this thread was started and it still shows processing. While others have seemed to order after me and already received them :(. No movement on my order whatsoever. Anyone else like this or just me?
feh. me too, although i ordered later than you. I see people who ordered after me saying they've received theirs. am thinking I'm going to cancel my order and just start up again after the new year. if it's not here this week i'm suddenly not in a hurry.

kungxpao

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2014
Socal
Placed an order Friday morning around 1am. Paid for express. Was supposed to be delivered on the 27th but Fedex came through.

Awesome so far. Better sounding than the EarPods but the best thing about these is the freedom.

Last edited:
Reactions: megapopular

Cancelled
Jul 3, 2013
Is there anyway of setting up email alerts for Airpods? I'm currently in Florida visiting my gf's parents and would love to pick some up before heading back to the UK.

Rorosbutt

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2013
Is there anyway of setting up email alerts for Airpods? I'm currently in Florida visiting my gf's parents and would love to pick some up before heading back to the UK.

Not that I know of. B&H and a few others have emails IF and WHEN they get stock but who knows when that will be nor if they email ASAP.

If you're looking at Apple stores then use the link below. iStock. When you pick "AirPods" only show stores that have them in stock so it's not cluttered.

http://www.istocknow.com/live/#devi...32.74220176897533, -274.60299691922785&zoom=2

jk73

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2012
Mine is sitting in the same place. No movement since it was scanned in Grapevine, TX on 12/22/17 @ 11:17pm. I sure hope they just missed a scan.

I hope they were put on a long-haul train or truck in Grapevine, which often results in 2-plus days of no tracking updates when UPS does it, but a quick Google search didn't yield any major USPS distribution centers in Grapevine. Otherwise, they might not move again until Tuesday, since USPS is off Sunday and Monday.

Are you an AT&T customer? I wonder if AT&T might have prioritized shipments for actual AT&T customers.

Chris916

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
I hope they were put on a long-haul train or truck in Grapevine, which often results in 2-plus days of no tracking updates when UPS does it, but a quick Google search didn't yield any major USPS distribution centers in Grapevine. Otherwise, they might not move again until Tuesday, since USPS is off Sunday and Monday.

Are you an AT&T customer? I wonder if AT&T might have prioritized shipments for actual AT&T customers.

Yes im an att customer, been one since 1994, actually. It shows processing, order status doesn't even work, except
On one page on the site (calling and using the text order status says order not found). Called in twice, and they said order will ship today, but still no movement.

Europa13

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
Did you pay for the expedited shipping? I ordered mine about 15 hours after this thread was started and they arrived today, but they wouldn't have gotten here today if I hadn't paid extra for expidited shipping (it was around $12). The FedEx box said overnight shipping.

jk73

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2012
Did you pay for the expedited shipping? I ordered mine about 15 hours after this thread was started and they arrived today, but they wouldn't have gotten here today if I hadn't paid extra for expidited shipping (it was around $12). The FedEx box said overnight shipping.

This shouldn't matter in this case. People who ordered after Chris916, with standard shipping, had their orders ship on Thursday.

Chris916

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
Yep!!! Even if i hadnt, why wouldnt they have shipped it "normally" by now. The expedited shipping has to do with the service not the processing time, right?

jk73

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2012
Yep!!! Even if i hadnt, why wouldnt they have shipped it "normally" by now. The expedited shipping has to do with the service not the processing time, right?

Right. There's no reason people who paid for faster shipping should jump ahead of the people who didn't when it comes to order processing, especially with a constrained supply.

Europa13

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
This shouldn't matter in this case. People who ordered after Chris916, with standard shipping, had their orders ship on Thursday.
I think it does matter. Not everyone who ordered that day has received them. At some point in the day, they stopped shipping with delivery for today. I doubt mine would have been overnighted and delivered today, seeing as I ordered at 8:30 pm that night, if I hadn't paid extra. Hard to say what point in the day that happened.

But yeah, now I see that he did pay for expidited shipping and still didn't get them. My tracking showed they wouldn't get here until Tuesday, but they showed up today.

jk73

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2012
I think it does matter. Not everyone who ordered that day has received them. At some point in the day, they stopped shipping with delivery for today. I doubt mine would have been overnighted and delivered today, seeing as I ordered at 8:30 pm that night, if I hadn't paid extra. Hard to say what point in the day that happened.

This person ordered on Thursday, earlier than many others here, but is still stuck in "processing." That suggests some sort of anomaly — ordering glitch, credit card declined, etc. — rather than a matter of shipping option.

Europa13

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
This person ordered on Thursday, earlier than many others here, but is still stuck in "processing." That suggests some sort of anomaly — ordering glitch, credit card declined, etc. — rather than a matter of shipping option.
I definitely agree. I'm just saying in general the expedited shipping did help some of us, especially those of us who ordered late that night.

Chris916

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016

Since its been over a full day why wouldnt they have shipped all the orders made 24 plus hours ago

Which is why i called and the guy basically said everythings good it will ship soon lol

ShadowYYZ

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2016
Tulsa Oklahoma
To help out.. I ordered yesterday at 10:22CST.. then boom.. I got shipment tracking at 10:30pm that night. I saw others do standard receive them today. I don't get mine till Tuesday. Kinda sucks but oh well I didn't pay expedited

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.