Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
For some reason putting the airbuds directly into my ear the sound is very low on volume and muffled. But i can place the airpods a bit more loose in my ears, and that will make the volume at least double louder and clearer. but usually they are so loose at that point that the music stops due to detection, and shaking my head makes the airpods fall out of my ears.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
For some reason putting the airbuds directly into my ear the sound is very low on volume and muffled. But i can place the airpods a bit more loose in my ears, and that will make the volume at least double louder and clearer. but usually they are so loose at that point that the music stops due to detection, and shaking my head makes the airpods fall out of my ears.

Sounds software related. I would attempt a re-pair with the Airpods and your iPhone, perhaps it's a glitch. Also, make sure your Airpods are up to date with the firmware (3.7.2).

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
Sounds software related. I would attempt a re-pair with the Airpods and your iPhone, perhaps it's a glitch. Also, make sure your Airpods are up to date with the firmware (3.7.2).
unfortunatly they are not updating due to lower firmware on iphone.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
unfortunatly they are not updating due to lower firmware on iphone.

Make sure iPhone and Airpods have a sufficient charge before updating. Follow these steps to update to Firmware update 3.7.2:

The update is automatic. To update the Airpods, conduct the following: Case lid must be open conduct update.

• Place the AirPods in its charging case.
  • The case must be plugged into a charger. (This is not required, but suggested.)
  • The case must be linked to an iPhone nearby and connected to Wi-Fi.

To check if you have the latest installed firmware, follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app on your phone.
  • In the Settings app, go to General > About > AirPods. (Note: AirPods will only display in About when connected to your iPhone).
  • From there, look for "Firmware Version" and check the number to see if you have the latest version, which is 3.7.2.

macambre

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2020
Hi! I have the same issue. Did you fix yours?

DGGoingUphill

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2015
Try a smaller tip. I suspect the tip is collapsing and blocking sound, especially since there is no inner core on these. This can happen on IEMs with foam tips that are too big, as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.