Airpods At Walmart, BB, Walmart, Etc..?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AppleRobert, Dec 19, 2016.

1. AppleRobert macrumors 603

As title states, do not post if you got them at Apple.

Thanks.

2. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

My local Best Buy did not get any in (Holyoke, MA).

3. AppleRobert thread starter macrumors 603

It would be a fedex delivery today, maybe hope is not lost unless the truck already came.

4. Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

Just a heads up, Best Buy currently has them in stock online for free delivery by Wednesday, supposedly. You can't fully trust their stock system, but if it gets pushed back you can cancel the order.

Local BB didn't have any, phone rep didn't have any other info about stock expectations.

5. its93rc macrumors 6502

its93rc

Do you have a link? I still get February here. :(
    I'll check my Bestbuy in a bit and report back.

6. Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

Yeah, sorry, apparently the current batch sold out literally a couple minutes after I placed my order. It was Wed delivery when I first saw it, got pushed to Th by the time I placed it, now it's saying Feb. for new orders.

7. JTravers macrumors 6502a

Report back and let us know if your delivery date holds.

Strange that my Best Buy order from last week still says Backorder with a delivery date of January 30. You would think they'd fill those orders first.

8. Steve Aviles macrumors newbie

I just ordered through best buy online and initially got an Wednesday delivery date,

Now it says Thursday. Hope it holds for Thursday, I will update here if anything changes.

*Edit* Just went from "Processing" to "Preparing"

9. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

10. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

When I checked about an hour ago, it was February as well. I'm done playing the retail lottery this week. I might try next week one day when I'm off, otherwise it's Jan 12 for me.

11. JTravers macrumors 6502a

My backordered Airpods from last week are no longer backordered and are now "Preparing." Supposed to arrive on the 21st. Cool!

12. AppleRobert thread starter macrumors 603

Maybe it is a regional things. My zip code still says February.

Why the heck would BB fulfill orders today and not the ones already ordered beforehand is beyond me.

13. JTravers macrumors 6502a

Looks like BB was just a little slow to update the status of the backorders. Status has updated now.

14. AppleRobert thread starter macrumors 603

Mine still says processing and did not change to preparing but above that it says get it by December 21st so we'll see.

Glad I started this thread for feedback. I could have driven to an Apple Store this morning but it is a half hour away and with morning work traffic, even worse so I did not bother.

15. JTravers macrumors 6502a

I think that's a good sign. My order status used to say Backordered. So any change from that is a positive.

16. AppleRobert thread starter macrumors 603

Mine just switched to "preparing", date says Dec 21st and fine by me since originally it was January 12th. Yippie. :)

17. Clete2, Dec 19, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2016

Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

Edit: Oops, you are BB order. I thought it was apple.com. Forgot what thread I was in. :)

18. mistermcnight macrumors member

My local Best Buy said they did not get any and were told not to expect any until 2017.

19. fs454 macrumors 65816

Local Best Buy (Los Angeles) said they're half expecting a truck today, but aren't sure.

Two Apple stores I went to were well out at 10am, stupid me was unaware of the whole 8am deal for the holidays.

20. AppleRobert thread starter macrumors 603

Well now I think BB is processing orders from the website for reservations before any stores will be getting them.

A crapshoot at Apple IMHO, I ordered on their website the day they went available and got a shipping date and folks now go to a store and just get them beforehand. Doesn't Apple realize how freaking stupid that is???

21. toph2toast macrumors 6502

It's a lose/lose though. Some people order online because an Apple store is too far away, while for others it's close by. Why should those that work/live near a store not be able to buy them just because others ordered online?

22. AppleRobert, Dec 19, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2016

AppleRobert thread starter macrumors 603

To me ordering online is like reserving them to tell the truth for when they become available, at least that is my thoughts on the matter.

Seems to be that is the way it is currently working with BB. FedEx truck came a little while ago to my local store, no airpods.

23. toph2toast macrumors 6502

Makes sense, and I'm not arguing one way or the other, but any retailer also wants you to visit their store with the hope you'll buy more than just the product you wanted. Heck, I went to Best Buy over lunch to see if they had Airpods and walked out with a video game :).

I like the fact that the break it up. People won't and shouldn't schedule there lives around a pre-order, so if you miss the on-line time, you always have a chance to grab them in store.

24. Awfisch macrumors member

Awfisch

I just talked to Best Buy and they told me that whenever Apple releases a new product, the stores usually don't receive them until ~2 weeks after they are notified they are coming. I called the 10 Best Buy stores in my area and none of them have heard anything, so it's unlikely they'll be receiving any AirPods in the next week.

We'll see though!

(This is my attempt at adding value to the MacRumors community that is filled with complaints about people filling the forums with things that aren't worth saying.)
    --- Post Merged, Dec 19, 2016 ---
    This burned me as well. Apple Maps told me 8a, but Apple.com said 10a. I trusted the website and was sadly let down when I arrived at the store at 9:30a

25. oops1975 macrumors 6502

Just placed order on Best Buy website. Says "Get it by Thu, 22". Not yet convinced that I will get it on 22nd.