AirPods audio sync or delay issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bronksy, Jan 5, 2017.

1. bronksy macrumors 6502

bronksy

Howdy.
    I tried to search but I didn't find any information about this.

With the AirPods is there a delay with audio/video sync when watching a movie etc on the device. I seem to remember reading the new chip is designed to eliminate any lag between the screen and the audio but not sure where I saw it.

Can anyone confirm this!

Ta.

2. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Zero lag I'm happy to report. Even YouTube, which I've always had issues with, is perfectly synced now.

3. bronksy thread starter macrumors 6502

bronksy

Then it's a sale. I have decent cans at home and love my B&O and my Boss QC for travel but casual use and stuff this is the thing. Watching the football on the iPad in Starbucks whilst everyone else is shopping is what I want no lag for!

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Same. Although I haven't tested YouTube as of yet. And then I'll give that a shot in a little bit. Thanks for the idea.

5. bronksy thread starter macrumors 6502

bronksy

There is a lag when using Final Cut Pro X. Not that these are professional enough for serious work but still would be handy for on the road editing

6. hunkim macrumors newbie

It's bizarre, but on both iPhone and my iPad Pro Youtube is always out of sync with my Airpods. Every other media app (Netflix, Plex, Youtube TV etc.) are all fine/perfect.

7. Banan911 macrumors member

I have the same problem on my iPhone 7 with iOS 11. Youtube is so annoying to watch with the AirPods. Other applications seems to be fine. What to do?

8. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

Same issue here with airpods and beatsx using official YouTube app on iOS 11 iPhone and iPad Pro

Same videos via safari work fine

9. MjWoNeR macrumors regular

MjWoNeR

Oh crap. Just ordered the Airpods and came to ask the very same thing. I hate audio/video sync issues.
    I hope YouTube will get fixed. I'm going to report this as bug to both parties as soon as I get them and test. If this out of sync bug expands to more video apps I might return mine.

iOS 11 has messed up my Bluetooth Bose Soundlink II Mini too. The play/pause button on the speaker stopped working right after iOS 11.

10. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

It’s definitely a YouTube app issue - there is even a delay with wired headphones but not as bad.

YouTube via safari is absolutely fine :(

11. MjWoNeR macrumors regular

MjWoNeR

Good to let Google know of the bug!

[​IMG]

And here we can report bugs to Apple since it’s about the AirPods too. Maybe they can put some pressure to apps that are out of sync in general. It sucks not being able to use the AirPods to watch videos.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

12. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

I’ve since discovered it’s not all videos affected. I’m wondering if it’s related to FPS. Interestingly I watched a live broadcast earlier and it was perfect