Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rogerbanana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2019
My AirPods case (second gen) is draining at an alarming pace (100% per 24 hours) while the AirPods are in the case. I took the AirPods to an apple store, and everything came back clear on the diagnostics run. If I 'forget' my AirPods from my phone and watch, the battery drain seems to stop. I've re-paired and let the AirPods run to 0% and then back to 100%. This hasn't fixed the issue.

Has anyone else had this draining issue?

Costino1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2012
That's definitely too fast. My AirPods 2 have been in their case (without usage and without charging) for about 5 days now. Theyre at 60% or so. Something is awry.

rogerbanana

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2019
Ya I took it in. They said battery is fine. I wonder if it’s something on my phone and/or watch?

Costino1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2012
Ya I took it in. They said battery is fine. I wonder if it’s something on my phone and/or watch?

My assumption is that once they are in the case, theyre no longer connected. However I could be wrong. Perhaps they could be searching for a signal and/or connected to your watch/iPhone somehow. Still - shouldn't be draining that fast. Like I said my AirPods are currently at 100% and case is at ~50% and they haven't been charged, used, or connected in 4-5 days or so.

cirial

macrumors regular
May 2, 2010
Pompano Beach, FL
I just came upon a gently used gen2 set of Airpods. Once I fully charge the case and Airpods - if I never touch them - how long should they stay charged for? How much battery drain is "normal"?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.