Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Is there any way to check the battery health of AirPod's? I feel the life of mine have dramatically dropped in the past month or so. I bought them as soon as they were available, so they are about a year old now.

I use them for Voip meetings connected to my Mac, and I don't know if it is the mic or what, but I only get about 45 minutes of battery after taking them out of the case. Luckily I can just do a swapping dance, and keep one up while the other is down. I am watching the battery drop in pretty much real time, around 1.5% per minute.

Should I take them into an apple store? Is there any battery health guarantee? I'm planning on buying a new pair, but only once they actually get updated. Apple advertises 2 hours talk time on a full charge, but I'm less than half that now. Anyone else seeing similar battery degradation?

blufire95

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2012
Germany
If you want a longer talk time, use the Mac's internal microphone. I would also like to know about the battery health of my AirPods, I think keeping them at 100 % the whole time is not good for battery health, you should have an option to keep them at 60 % and charge them to 100 %, whenever you need it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.