Airpods Case only charges to 70%...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by techiebug, Dec 30, 2016.

1. techiebug macrumors 6502a

So I've read about the case draining battery when in idle. I thought oh well maybe I would have better luck. Picked one up at Apple store yesterday. So far so good until I charged them. The airpods themselves went to 100% but the case stopped at 70% and I plugged them in all night. The case just didn't go over 70%. Try repair but still the same problem. I haven't tried drain the case to 0 and recharge yet. Anyone has the same problem?

2. mckandy macrumors member

I'm having the same issue. The case never charged past 60%. Kept it plugged in by itself all day and it's at 56%. Wondering if needs to drain to zero and recharge like you said. Tried resetting by holding the button on the case for 15 seconds but that didn't work. Let's me know if you find a solution.

3. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

4. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

My buds and case both go to 100 at least so far only had them a day.

5. techiebug thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's all good now. The case now can go to full 100%. My solution was that taking the headphones out and charge the case only. Once it was full, I put the headphones back. Now I can charge both the case and headphones (while in the case) to 100%. Probably draining it out and recharging will fix this as well. Seem like a bug.

6. No££y macrumors newbie

No££y

I’m having a similar problem but my case only charges to 97% I contacted Apple support and they suggested that I used a different cable to charge my case. So I’m trying that as I write this now. But personally I don’t hold much hope because I use my AirPods cable for my iPads when I’m not charging my AirPods case and I don’t have any problem with them but we’ll see what happens