AirPods Conflicting with Bluetooth Mouse

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by Exile714, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Exile714 macrumors 6502a

Using AirPods with my MBP16 and a Bluetooth mouse (Logitech MX), I get a problem where for a few seconds every 2-3 minutes my mouse stops functioning. Anyone else experience something like this or know a setting I should tweek to get this to stop?

Before you ask, mouse works fine without AirPods being used (haven't tried other Bluetooth audio though), and AirPods work fine with or without the mouse.

2. checkler2173 macrumors newbie

checkler2173

Yes. It not just you. I stopped using AirPods with Mac because of it.

3. CTHarrryH macrumors 68000

known issue with bluetooth and airpods - rumor that airpods update from yesterday may fix. leave airpods in case near connected phone and it is supposed to update.

4. gwang73 macrumors 6502a

gwang73

Updated my AirPods and the mouse still drops out, not as often as every 2-3 minutes though. Filed a bug report with Apple but haven't heard back from them.

5. MacGizmo macrumors 65816

MacGizmo

This has nothing to do with AirPods. It's a known bug with nearly all 3rd party mouse/keyboard makers who use the older Bluetooth spec (which is nearly all of them). They are aware of it, and have no plan to fix it. The work-around is to use the stupid/annoying USB Unified Receiver instead of the Bluetooth (which kind of defeats the purpose, right?!!!)

If you still have that little USB receiver that came in the Logitech MX box, plug it in and remove the mouse from the Bluetooth prefs and see if the problem goes away. I'm betting it will.

6. budfoot macrumors regular

budfoot

Running beta macOS? I had this issue without AirPods on the latest beta.